Saturday, May 31, 2014

Butterfly Shaker

Hello.  I hope you Saturday is a sunny as mine.  I am heading outside in just a little while to work in my flower bed.  But I will be back a little later to finish up a card or two.

I didn't do real well on my crafting goals for this week, but I did get some of my projects done.  This was one of them. I started with the butterfly shaker card by Lori Whitlock.  I love Lori Whitlocks patterns.  They cut so good and there is just so much you can do with them. 

I cut three butterflies.  The first with really thick chipboard.  It was too thick and I ended up cutting the shape out, but it is my favorite shaker.  The thickness is just right.   The second I used thinner chipboard.  It cut out really well.  The third, I used paper.  When you use paper you have to make several layers (I used 10), but the results are the same.  I will probably use paper from here on out just because the chipboard really makes your blade dull.

I added a texture on the top of my card and then the stripe with a scalloped border.  The happy birthday in the bottom right corner is a stamp from Morning Star

As I said, I love the shaker and will be making more of them.

I am using the card in the following challenges:
   Brown Sugar Challenges - Birthday
   Chocolate Coffee Cards - Embossed
   Love To Create - Punches and Dies (scalloped edge)
   
Have a great day.  Hope to be back later with another project.

1 comment:

  1. So pretty, Sarah! What a clever idea for a shaker card!
    Thank you for joining us at the Chocolate, Coffee and Cards Challenge. Jane xx

    ReplyDelete